View Single Post
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
I guess this confirms the speculation over Texrat's previous comment on being blown away by Step 5 of 5. Great news to see HSPA connectivity. I just wonder what this will do to potential N810WE sales - My guess is that people will hold off until the new Maemo device comes out
Some, for sure, but once we have pricing details (for Xohm), those in current Xohm coverage areas may go with the N810W if it's lower or similar monthly cost as 3g data-only access. Even on reasonably expensive devices like this, monthly costs dominate long-term; some people may prefer the notion of WiMAX and saving $x per month over any other N900 improvements they think possible...

Oh, and regarding cost increase from adding radios, it is worth noting that the N810W and N810 had the same launch price. I'm not persuaded it's as bad as some people seem to think, though I still do think built-in cellular is wrong and a card slot is right.

Let's just hope they do it right and do a quad-band with UMTS band IV (T-Mo USA), though, since they're doing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: