View Single Post
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by shockedder View Post
Since a leap from 330Mhz to 400 was possible , I think that we are far from tapping out the chip's performance.
A hardware spec sheet for the chip would be great.
Cheers
We do safe overclocking as "supported by TI".
Nothing prevents you from going further (and potentially frying the omap) and that actually would be _real_ overclocking since it would really go beyond the specified limits.

Note that to do it properly, you need also Menelaus TRM, the power companion chip, for getting the accuracy and ranges of the voltage regulators.

And no, sorry, can't pass it over. Check with TI.

Depending on your luck and skill, you might actually get something more.

The way i would proceed is to select 1 OP, either OP1 or OP0, not change the ratio for dividers and instead bump up a little bit the DPLL ratio.

This will not give you radical changes, but maybe a still perceivable improvement.

I wouldn't touch the voltage setting and play it safe.

The only risk is that you will have to take your tablet to the service point for coldflashing, but at least it won't fry.

Finally, one last piece of advice: wait for Diablo code to be released - the final version. The WiMAX tablet uses a different SDRAM silicon (single die vs dual die) that required fixes in the calculation of memory bus timing.
This doesn't seem to affect older hw, but you never know. Overclocking might expose the bug on existing units as well. The bug was fixed after leaked code came out.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to igor For This Useful Post: