View Single Post
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Madrid, Spain
Since switching to OS 2006 I have been having real problems with "Local link-IP address" on my home Network which is set to provide a DHCP IP for the Nokia 770 etc. I logged my problem as a comment to an existing bug on Bugzilla, https://maemo.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=596

Initial connection would be fine but almost whenever I re-connected after a dropped connection I would receive the Local link-IP address confirmation and the ? on the world symbol which is very helpful I did NOT have this problem under OS 2005.

Last Night I noticed that checking and changing the following in connection parameters of a given Wi-Fi connection point seems to stop the "link-local IP address" issue occurring. (More testing required to be sure however)

On The Nokia 770.

Go-to, tools, connection manager and open connection manager.
Go-to, connection manager window, tools, connectivity settings.

In the connectivity window, select connections (at bottom of window) which will then list your saved connections. From here we can select and review a stored connections settings (Via a wizard) and edit specific connection parameters.

I have realised that for some reason under OS 2006 the "Network is Hidden" option is being selected for some saved connections? I know my network is NOT hidden and I never expressly asked the Nokia 770 to set this connection to "Network is hidden" ?

Since ensuring this option is switched off, the problem appears to have disappeared.

Note: I copied all my settings from OS 2005 to OS 2006, could this have introduce an anomaly perhaps?