View Single Post
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
Hi Marcelo,

Sorry, was quite busy in the past 1-2 weeks (all college midterms are now - only 1 left!).

USB "problem" update:
1- system does not allow the creation of a symbolic link from USB (either /dev/sda1 nor /media/usb/sda1) to any flash card
2- system allows symbolic link to /home/user/MyDocs/.sounds ; canola does not follow folders in there - only the files in that folder
3- mounting /dev/sda1 onto any empty folder on any media card works.

next - language support: I'll check on my desktop to make sure, but can you tell me:
1) does Canola support cyrillic windows encoding for the ID3 tags
2) which ID3 tags does canola read v1 or v2?

finally: I created a brighter theme. here's the link:
http://adrive.com/public/ac4cc7e2f4c...5bd9b9d66.html
note: forgot to rename it; call it "clear_orange", or something better if you guys have imagination
Could you compile it and sent it to denotkine @ gmail.com

one last question: where does Canola remember the ratings I gave for the music (0-5 stars); I know it's not on the file itself, nor in the folder - is it somewhere in the system? If I move a folder (say ~100 tracks), and I want to keep the ratings, what file should I edit?
note: if there is no easy way of doing it - don't spend any time (it's a MINOR inconvenience, which can be easily overlooked)

Keep up the good work

Ilia

P.S. it's been almost 3 weeks - when's the next release due?
P.P.S. - installed the latest MPlayer (V.27, ~3 days old) - will give feedback soon.