View Single Post
Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by theMIDkid View Post
Yeah- I'll keep everyone posted if our company goes any further with licensing the EB MIMD for manufacturing.

Was just reading through your web page, and your "ideal device". I like what you wrote, and would only add these items:

1) I'd like the screen to be tiltable (like the AT&T Tilt)

2) I'd just be more explicit in what you said about "3G or WiMAX", in saying "UMTS/HSPA, EVDO, or WiMAX". I'd settle for an Express Card slot on the top of the device, which provides that functionality (but could also, in theory, provide other functionality). But, having an EVDO product I can use with Sprint, or a UMTS product I can use with T-Mobile-USA would be rather nice. In fact, having a device I can use with T-Mobile-USA for UMTS, SMS/MMS, and UMA calls ... THAT would be outstanding (whether or not it could do regular GSM calls, or only do VOIP over UMTS when away from a UMA/Hotspot-At-Home service, would be ok with me... just saying, if you've got Wifi, and support for T-Mobile-USA, I wonder how much harder it would be to do UMA).

3) What you said about a laptop that basically can act as a "docking station" for the device ... you can probably do that with an OQO. No one has made such a laptop, but the OQO does have a docking station port, and a desktop docking station. I like your idea, though, and you could do both: have laptop and desktop "shells" for the device, so that you could use the laptop's screen and keyboard (and perhaps HDD/SDD and CD/DVD storage) when you want ... and/or do the same thing with a desktop enclosure.

4) rather than have a build-in projector, I'd just have a micro-DVI out, or something similar for HDMI. If the micro-DVI supported the -A wires, you could have a micro-DVI to VGA interface, as well. Or, you could even have it be something that works with the docking-station interface, so you could plug it into a projector, a laptop, or a desktop. I can understand not wanting the need for a real projector, but I have to wonder just how much internal space such a thing takes up.

Wonder how hard it'd be to get those features worked into the EB MIMD ;-)

Oh, one last question, since you've probably seen the EB-MIMD in person ... what are all fo the side-rail buttons? Looks like there's two for the right thumb, 3 for the left thumb, and then a round button about half way up the left side (a Dpad?) ... what are all of those wonderful buttons!? :-)