View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jamesc760 View Post
1. Change wifi power-savings from Max to Intermediate: this change will allow greater wifi performance.
2. Make sure wifi Transmit Power is set to 10mw, NOT 100mw: for better power saving.
These two are suspect at best. They may help some people, but the likelyhood is that they'll end up just hurting most others. Either way, these are not things I would recommend to newbies.

3. Disable metadata-crawler
Definitely not something I would recommend to newbies. "Why doesn't Media player work anymore?"

4. Sony 2500 mAh AA Rechargeable NiMh Batteries, 4-pack (Amazon $12.19)
A recommended accessory list might not be bad, but I would be a lot more general about it. If specifics are insisted on, however, I'd definitely recommend the Sanyo eneloops over any other NiMH battery brand (much, much better at maintaining their charge, and they come pre-charged).

Not really a bad start all in all, but there's a lot missing and some of the stuff included isn't stuff I would recommend to anybody.

I would really like to see some sort of "Setup Guide" for new users who want to get the most out of their tablets. Sort of a series of how-tos on fine tuning everything—from the initial flash to tweaking MicroB's about:config.