View Single Post
Okay listen: What I meant was I cannot use WiMax like Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi is wonderful because anywhere I can go, I can pick up a signal and just go with it, without signing up or paying anything).

And when I said "that sucks", i meant for most people who don't have data plans (which I believe is most people, in the US at least), its a bummer because we'll never be able to have easy access a long-range wireless internet connection, (or at least it wont be as easy as Wi-Fi). We'd either have to sign up for 3G or WiMax (and i'm guessing WiMax will replace 3G for companies like Sprint and AT&T).

And General, do you have any more information on the N810's successor? Q3 of this year sounds great. But are there any REALLY substantial features you can think of that it'll possess which will give me enough reason to switch to it from the N800?

Originally, (since my N800's touchscreen is kinda busted) I planned to get another one when the N830/850/900 was released, but then I realized that OS2009 development probably won't exist for the 810 or 800 (since those two will probably be less powerful than the successor).

I consider it a mixed blessing. If the hardware and memory is the same, then it's good because I can get another N800 for very cheap, and I can still upgrade to OS2009 (because if the N830/N850/N900 has the exact same existing hardware, it should work on the 810 and 800).

But if it's the same, then it'll be bad for users who were hoping for a more powerful NIT. But i'm sure by then, there'll be other MID's and UMPC's or sub-UMPC/tablets that they can choose from.

If it comes out and its the same (processor/memory) then i'll get an N800 for probably less than $200 (i'd imagine the price would sink fast).

And if its faster, then i'll invest in it (i'm saving up my money). I'd expect SDHC support, Wireless-N, a faster processor and more ram, and a keyboard. A 3mp camera would be great too.