View Single Post
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Another craptastic keyboard design by your drunken abusive fellow poster.

This one isn't quite so excessive in taking up screen space.

Once I figure out how to insert images into the darn little bugger, I'll give that a try as well.

The second keyboard comes up when you press the yellow star bullet thingie dohicker character.

It does have a minimize feature, but I don't think it's all too friendly with Dosbox.

Works great for everything else though.

Only known issue is that the left and right bracket characters, "[" and "]", are a little funky.

They sit right below the Ctrl and Atl keys. So when you press them, you get the character, but then it also sends the command that your pressed either the Ctrl or Atl keys right afterwards.

Just press the bullet mod key and then either the Ctrl or Alt key that is still lit to return back to normal.

Sorry about that, but it's not like most people are using the bracket keys for anything anyway.

Here's the screenies to get punchy over:

There's one for the left and one for the right side, whatever your preference is.

Left one:
leftfull.zip
Edit usr/bin/dosboxkbd
xkbd -geometry +65536+65536 -k /media/mmc2/leftfull.xkbd

Right one:
Edit usr/bin/dosboxkbd
rightfull.zip
xkbd -geometry +722+65536 -k /media/mmc2/rightfull.xkbd

I still have one last, final idea in mind. I think it will work out quite nicely if I don't attempt doing it while hazing in and out of consciousness during a typical night of drunken stuporedness.

Meaning, don't expect a release anytime soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post: