View Single Post
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey Push! Thanks for the encouraging words! You actually made me feel like I finally contributed something to these forums.

But yeah, I'm getting the same response on some games as well.

Here's the skinny on why certain games aren't giving you so much as a dim flicker of recognition when using the virtual keyboard.

First, Xkbd doesn't like to be fed lower case letters, if you try to do that, there's a good chance it will snap at you.

So the whole trick around this is by making it think that you're not offering lower case letters to it.

The work around way I did this was to send it Capital Capital letters.

So instead of giving it a lower case letter which would make Xkbd throw up, it's being fed a Shifted Capital letter A. Make any sense?

Most games seem to interpret a Capital letter "A" as an "a". Unfortunately, other games get weirded out by this bizarro concept.

Right now I'm waiting to see what OSEmuTech has in store with his next keyboard. Hopefully he'll have some new, original, and creative ideas, then I'll steal them for my own.

At least now, we've got some stuff that will work okay with this alternative method. But yeah, I'm with you on this, I only remember those games where it doesn't work.

I totally was hoping that Omni Sports Basketball would be supported with Xkbd, I also wanted to make a touch screen steering wheel for Ivan Stewart's Super Off road. But that ain't happening any time soon it seems like. At least I'm not bitter.......

Oh well, until this whole mess gets fixed, hopefully there's enough here to work with to make the wait more tolerable until that day comes.