View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Testers welcome for the devel-k branch: https://github.com/sailfish-containe...e-devel-builds

If tests pass well enough, then we might be able to merge it to master and make it available right from the Chum app store, for a one click install.

Make sure you have a stable connection to avoid package installation failures. The i3 and xfce4 default configuration are very basic, but should make use on mobile easier than the real default not adapted to hidpi or touch use.

If you picked i3 as your window manager, Alt is your $mod, so Alt+Return to open a terminal, and Alt+d for dmenu. Your i3 configuration can be changed in ~/.config/i3/config.

Changelog
Code:
* Tue Aug 24 2022
- Add a script to install Arch-based distributions
- WM choice when installing (xfce4 or i3), should work for all supported types of distros (Arch, Debian)
- Better default configs for both WMs (scaling, right click (only in Arch), touch scrolling in Firefox)
- Possibility to run the script multiple times on a container without breaking things, with failsafes (to some extent)
- Prompts at important steps during install scripts (in case of overwriting config, or long compilations)
- New icon, better for small screens
- Custom wallpapers for Debian, Arch and Kali

* Thu Aug 19 2022
- Updated description and license for Chum repository
- Bumped version to avoid dep resolution issues
- README overhaul
- Fixing debian.sh
- Fixing GUI typos
- Sane xsession defaults for xfce4 and onboard
- New icon
- Back to qxcompositor instead of qxdisplay (autorotation)
Known issues/limitations:
- If unfortunately a terminal window did not appear after you created a new container, despite checking "Setup desktop", then you will have to go into the page of that new container, hit "init container config" at the bottom, start the container from the pulley menu, and then hit "setup xsession". The installation and configuration should then proceed.
- If your SailfishOS username is not defaultuser, then the GUI cannot start an X session; this is being worked on and in the mean time, you can try opening the X session from CLI
- No sound in some devices, and it may silence some SFOS sounds (alarms, media) as well (else, please tell us)
- No hardware acceleration
- Only prebuilt binaries of Xwayland can be used at the moment inside containers (this is automated when setting up xsession from the GUI), because latest sources don’t support the XDG_WM_Base protocol that we need

Last edited by Kabouik; 2022-08-26 at 12:09.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: