View Single Post
Some has reported that the silica browser cannot display websites.
First, I thought this was down to the search engines I included in the first build. Therefore, I removed and published a second build without them. (This is what currently is available for download)
I've installed the build on my Nexus 5 and tested the browser. It worked fine.

Then, others also reported the browser didn't work, so I've tested it again and realised it stopped working for me too.
I've taken a closer look into it and seen the error message:
Code:
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/TelemetryEnvironment.jsm, line 1253: uncaught exception: 2147500037
JavaScript error: , line 0: uncaught exception: 2147500037
JavaScript error: file:///usr/lib/mozembedlite/components/EmbedLiteSearchEngine.js, line 56: uncaught exception: 2147500037
JavaScript error: file:///usr/lib/mozembedlite/components/EmbedLiteSearchEngine.js, line 56: NS_ERROR_FAILURE: Failure'Failure' when calling method: [nsIBrowserSearchService::getEngines]
JavaScript error: , line 0: uncaught exception: 2147500037
[D] QMozSecurity::importState:243 - Security state could not be imported: empty status
This is happening when the app is started by the icon. However, when it is started from the command line (sailfish-browser), there is no error message and it does work fine.

I'll try to find a solution for this but until then, here is a workaround. (Basically, start the browser without sailjal/firejail.)
  1. Start the browser from the command line or
  2. Amend the /usr/share/applications/sailfish-browser.desktop to have Exec=/usr/bin/sailfish-browser %U in it.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post: