Thread: Nokia Watch?
View Single Post
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
force you into the Lego Control app
Controling who?

They mainy purpose of LEGO was to get people away from their consumption devices and get creative. Wow. Hope they shot their own foot and people look into alternatives like QBricks.
Ah well, the basic idea was good, but obviously they always had to invent ever-new ways of selling their stuff, right from the start.
Forcing it into the cloud certainly was a bad move, but there've been many such moves, now and in the past.
Collaboration with Star Wars.
Being such a great unisex toy, they still had to introduce a completely separate line "for girls", implying that other lines are "for boys".
Computer games.
NinjaGo.
Etc.

Some might even argue that the very introduction of LEGO Technic was such a move, trying to get into a market segment dominated by FischerTechnik until then. Not me, I loved it.

When I was a child I visited the one and only LEGOLand, and it was all made from square bricks, nothing else. That was LEGO back then.

Enough nostalgia, I'm not complaining.
But I see kids playing with it every day, and sometimes I wish they were reduced to LEGO of the seventies. Just bricks (well, mostly). Challenges the imagination much better.

Last edited by nonsuch; 2021-01-01 at 20:35.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: