View Single Post
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
@clort: This is a maemo Leste wishlist and not some particular device wishlist. So N900 is included with lower specs and not going away.

Overclocking has been working well with N900. Depending of the manufacture line you may have been able to overlock N900 cpu over 1000 but mine crashes at 950. 900 works though.

Swappolube is easy way to configure a lot of different behaviours of system.

Window transitions slow how device reacts.

For N900 running Leste all tweaks for better performance are welcomed.
Sorry i assumed you were running leste on droid4. They're only $20-40 btw from USA. I'd keep using original maemo on n900 due to maemo being feature-complete and boasting many more phone-centric apps.

With an OTG USB hub, I could see N900+Leste serving as a little computer with battery backup, maybe running hostAP or pihole or something.

I do not see how disabling 'transitions' will speed up your phone in any meaningful way. You can, however, get some X11 apps running considerably faster disabling hildon compositing entirely.

The 256MB of N900 was very spacious from an EPOC/Symbian perspective, and serviceable with a 2000-era lightweight linux like PuppyLinux or Alpine. But really not from the perspective of a modern linux distro..

I should go back to my playground thread and not bother you folks here. Sorry for the misunderstanding Maemish, cheers!

Last edited by clort; 2020-10-01 at 16:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to clort For This Useful Post: