View Single Post
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I see! So basically you start plasma from the xfce4. I thought you started the plasma_session without the xfce4. I just have tried this way and worked me too. However, I still have the xfce4 menu bars (top and bottom ones) are still available and the scaling is not quite right.
Here is the result:
https://i.ibb.co/9WnZ3VR/plasma-on-treltexx1024.png

For the landscape mode, I would suggest to start xfce4 in landscape first.
Plus, to be able to launch the Chromium browser, you don't need to start plasma. I just installed Chromium and was able to launch from the menu within xfce4 without plasma_desktop.

I'll play with plasma. It would be good if plasma somehow can be started as a default DE.
Originally, Chromium installed and ran fine for me too, but I couldn't ge it small enough to use, (as in my first screenshots). Then after installing Plasma packages, it opened and displayed properly.... Not sure why.

I can't get anything to launch in landscape mode, not even xfce. I set landscape as the option in containers settings, I use landscape script, I set the display settings in Linux to rotate - it doesn't matter. Nothing causes landscape rotation ...

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: