View Single Post
Originally Posted by hhaveri View Post
When a situations ends, it should restore settings like wifi state to the value before that situation was activated. So there is no need to do it explicitly.
I am amazed that this bit seems to work flawlessly, even when I disable the app or switch off the phone!

Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
I will now test how it fares when I leave home, and if it generally switches Wlan off reliably.
Recording network cells with all different modes in Settings => Mobile network seems to have helped, as well as reducing two situations to one.
With 8 cells recorded now, I need to move pretty far from my house before Wifi switches off (looong after it looses connection to my access point) but that's OK because I live in a residential area where it's unlikely that Wifi access points scan who's moving about (like e.g. in a mall).
I guess I can still fine-tune this by re-recording the cells under slightly stricter conditions (yesterday I even held out the phone over my balcony).

One more thing I'd like to ask:
When I start Situations it often seems to think that the phone is charging (What = Charger) even though no cable is connected.
Any idea what could be going on there?