View Single Post
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Yes, you were right there was a typo in the command. I have fixed that. Thanks, for the heads up.

When you start manually, first you need to start the container, then you need to enter into it in a command line:
Code:
sudo lxc-attach -n <container_name>
then within there run the command:
Code:
/mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0
or

with one command:
Code:
sudo lxc-attach -n <container_name> -- /mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0 &
Please check the scripts (Some useful scripts: section) that I provided for manual start from the command line.
Those scripts do start the container if they are not running then issuing the command above to start the desktop.
When you see the message "Waiting for x-window" wait for a while, then after a while, your desktop will appear. For me, I need to wait for around a half or a minute to get the desktop screen.
I tried again, as you said, with the same result. As I said, starting the container, and attaching to gain shell, as well as every other function I've tried, works fine from the gui. Container starts, shows 'running', and root@Linux shell appears when tapping "attach", with full fs intact. But attempting to open x-session shows, "...xwayland not found". I've waited for up to 10 mins...
Thanks
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: