View Single Post
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
If the GUI doesn't work (for some unofficial ports, this is the case), this can be done manually from a command line. Here are the steps: sudo lxc-create -t sfos-download -n <container-name> sudo lxc-start -n <container-name> Manually change the the /usr/share/sailfish-containers/guest to /usr/share/harbour-containers/scripts/guest in the /var/lib/lxc/< container name >/config sudo lxc-attach -n <container-name> then within the container: /mnt/guest/setup_desktop.sh /mnt/guest/setups/debian.sh Start 2! command lines and in one of them issue this as nemo: /usr/bin/qxdisplay --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0" (or to start with mouse cursor support use this: /usr/bin/qxcompositor -o portrait --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0") In the other command-line attach the container, then: /mnt/guest/start_desktop 0 Done.
I'm using XZ2c port. Everything working fine with installation and gui, as well as containers creation, x-session setup, attach, etc. When I tap 'start x-session', though, I get a perpetual "Waiting for x-window" message. When I try to do it manually, as quoted above, the output of the last command, run inside of attached, (which Ithink has a typo in your post - should be '/mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0', right?), is shown in tje screenshot ...
any ideas? Thanks
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: