View Single Post
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 596 times | Joined on Jan 2015 @ Finland
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Is there a better way?
I guess Network cells (yes, basically cell towers) is your best bet. But it does have drawbacks.

First of all, if I remember correctly. it does not work well on Sailfish when the device is sleeping -> Situations might recognise cell changes only after user wakes up the device.

Secondly you need to cover (record) cells in all network technologies (2G/3G/4G/...) and over a long time span to make it as reliable as possible. But of course the location accuracy then suffers.

Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
Additionally I cannot concatenate the 2 Home/Elsewhere conditions into 1 because I cannot choose Wifi state a 2nd time in the same condition (to switch it off at condition end, instead of switching it off in a separate condition, as hhaveri told me).
Why?
When a situations ends, it should restore settings like wifi state to the value before that situation was activated. So there is no need to do it explicitly. But if you want to be absolutely sure regardless of the previous state, then you can of course use another situation for it.

Br,
Heikki

The Following User Says Thank You to hhaveri For This Useful Post: