View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
The UI works on the Proš, yes.
Ok, good ! Now I know I am doing something wrong, and need to find out how to do it correctly !

If you want to use another distribution with XWayland
So far, any distro is ok for me. I am still trying to make it work and understand enough of it. So Debian Sid is perfect.
Being a long time Fedora user, I may try to use it later on and help port the scripts to red-hat base distros (Fedora, CentOS), but it is still too early for me given that almost everything in LXC is new to me !

Did you use the "init contianer config" and "setup xsession" buttons at the bottom of the container view in harbour-containers, advanced controls? Theoretically they should build Xwayland which should take about 10 minutes, then setup DE/WM, and after that you should be able to start the Xsession from the button above.
I didn't succeed in creating the container from the app, so I launched all the scripts from the command line so far (and yes, 10minutes seems like what I seen from the command line).
I will try again from the UI, maybe launching it from the command line to see the trace if something is wrong with my install.

Thanks again for your comments Kabouik, I now know what to expect. It may take me some time, but I will keep you updated if I still fail miserably, succeed, or seen some bug that I could help fix.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: