View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Have now disassembled another Jolla 1 and points to note:
1) Volume up/down button always falls out although obvious by slots in casing which is up and down.
2) When removing circuit board make sure that proximity sensor (black rectangle) comes out of housing as is a tight fit. There are two plastic lugs one on each side of circuit board, so need to prise board up at these points.
3) Note the way two connectors (by green barcode label) sit on top of each other before dis-assembling.
4) Antenna plug is probably most fiddly and easy to damage.
5) Two connectors by battery always fall flat and need lifting out of the way when reassembling.
Thanks again. The volume buttons (1), the tiny coax(?) connector (4) and the screen(?) connectors (5) were not an issue at all. The most challenging bit was persuading the front camera (2, the black rectangle, you refer to it as proximity sensor) to come out. It was not only a tight fit but also fixed with a sticky pad. And of course the two flex connectors (3). The end of the top one was glued to the metal shielding with some sticky substance and I was a bit worried, but it came off quite easily.

In the end, I made things even worse. I got to the earpiece and it looked clean, but I could not take it out and could only see its back. So I merely pushed the spring contacts up a bit to make a better contact. That may have been a mistake because the sound is even more distorted than before. Perhaps the springs push on the speaker too much and the membrane is squashed. Which actually gives me some hope. The distortion sounds exactly like before, only stronger, which means the reason was possibly some dross pushing the membrane. I can try to take it apart again and have a closer look, but it may take another day or two. If I fail again, I will take up your kind offer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: