View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
I can tell, that an 8 year old can do some cooking as well. Mostly by a cooking book for children, but he's already doing more than just pancakes and crêpes. And my 6yr old is doing muffins and cookies under supervision of me or my wife. They can work with the stove well and need only some help with oven.

And I am late for both, an entry and voting
On the risk of sounding negative towards this touching story, do they learn how to cook real foods apart from the USA culture sweets?
At 6 yrs old I was "forced" to do more kitchen help involving touching (washing single raw ingredients) beyond entertainment cooking.
Appreciate raw single ingredients vs processed and industry packaged is a means of surviving...and an obligation to every parent that has the means.
"Research" shows that early growth years are very important - no surprise here.. ("Missing Microbes" book for example reference for interesting perspectives on why "kids" grow bigger , not better)
That said I liked the Covid cake showing up for its touch of defiance: both of the Covid thing & the need to all over sudden start to think about boosting our immunity after years of neglect and dependence on medicine to fix the problem..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: