View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I could not find an Xperia subforum so I am posting here.

I dropped my Xperia X (running Sailfish) on the (wooden) floor from about 90 cm (3 feet). It switched off and would not turn back on. I plugged in the charger and it came back to life, only to show the charging screen saying it was empty. Strange, since it had recently been fully charged. I expected 99-100%.

I took it out of the flip case and found the back peeling a bit. I opened it and found the battery dislodged. That made sense since the battery had been replaced once and I had not glued it in place like it was originally. Phew, that explains the empty battery!

After a bit of effort, I managed to snap the connector back in place (it's tiny and extremely fiddly) and pressed the power button. Nothing. Oh, bummer. The last act of desperation, plug in the charger. Yaaaay, it booted up fine. Everything seems to be working, including the power button. That's a relief.

However, the battery status is stuck on 20%. I had it on the charger for about 30 minutes, no change. I have been using it, no change either. Still 20%. When I plug in the charger, it says "charging", but that's about it.

It may be a hardware fault but I suspect (or should I say, hope?) that plugging in the charger while the battery was disconnected may have messed up the power calibration and all I need is recalibrating it. Can anyone confirm? Has something similar happened to you? Do you know how to calibrate it? Is it just a matter of letting the battery fully drain and then charge it up again, like it was in good old N900 days?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: