View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
Took the pill and installed flatpak on Xperia X using the updated installation instructions w/out using zypper but pkcon. Pkcon did not show any version mismatch that zypper did before so packages got installed without hicups. On the other hand I experied the same system reboot others did, but flatpak-runner installed ok and after launching it the Anglefish icon showed up.

Observations compared Sony X vs XA2: Anglefish runs obviously faster on XA2 compared to X. X is somehow laggy and scrolling isn't that smooth as on XA2. Therefor I wonder if h/w acceleration (OpenGL ES) is missing with the wayland compositor and how it can be enabled if possible?

Other than that great work and kudos to Rinigus for making this possible

Cheers,
Nek

PS:Even if juddery I quite like Anglefish as an updated browser compared to stock Firefox 45.
I don't know relative performance of X vs XA2, but I thought they were not that far apart. It is possible that some lib or acceleration is not hooked for X. Now the trick will be to find what. Namely, compare the libs loaded by hybris for some native sailfish app and angelfish.

For that, you have to check what are debug vars for hybris on X (they may have changed between X and XA2). For me, its HYBRIS_LINKER_DEBUG=1 HYBRIS_LD_DEBUG=1

So, for example: HYBRIS_LINKER_DEBUG=1 HYBRIS_LD_DEBUG=1 flatpak-runner

This is for SFOS native.

and then run

flatpak-runner --env=HYBRIS_LINKER_DEBUG=1 --env=HYBRIS_LD_DEBUG=1 org.kde.mobile.angelfish

this is for Flatpak. Then we can compare and add missing libs into
.local/share/flatpak/extension/org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.host/arm/1.4

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: