View Single Post
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Got flu and in bed. What to do? Hey I don't understand anything but would like to get Kolibri Os running in N900!

So how it should be done? I don't believe it would be able to launch with uboot and have never used that so that is a no go. But what about chroot? Could it launch in chroot? Well I don't know how it should be set up. There are these keybindings and screensizes and mouse/touchscreen stuff.

It would be easiest to get running in a VirtualMachine (like then you don't have any problems!). Is there such for N900? Google knows that - hey qole has instructions for Meego setup on chroot!

Let's see. Very detailed instructions and if I would change in all meego places Kolibri replicants could it work? Maybe but seems a bit complicated.

Was there something else in google? Bochs. Let's see what community says about it. TMO says it is slow, but that was probably without overclocking. So let's install that. Going to SourceForce download page and try to download and netsurf crashes. And micro-b fails to open. And Opera. And chromium 57 and Iceweasel both just wont do it and finally crashes. I have managed to download KolibriOs img so why not this!?!

I am sick and have been fighting with this in bed with my N900 for two hours now and nerves are gone, kaput. I am pretty sure that the latest bochs file I try to download would not install on Fremantle. But would like to try. And if not installing then trying in Easy Debbie.

And even if I would manage to install that bochs I am pretty sure I would not know how to make it launch KolibriOs. I found some instructions for freedos, so maybe if I would use those instructions it could be possible - or not. But I would like to try.

It would be so nice to start a thread KolibriOs on N900 and say: "Hey I just tried if this could be possible and it was and everything just worked".

Now nerves are gone, I would like to through N900 - no, myself - on the wall. Instead of watching a good movie and resting and eating something good I have pressed my brains with this something which would not even work even if I could manage to install what I try.

Love this device and love linux. Just trying to climb the tree form the wrong end is really hard and works only sometimes.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: