View Single Post
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I would never try and dictate how a donated device is use. However I have very little interest in helping to foster more android development. I can clearly see the advantages of getting AnBox running on sailfish/maemo or whatever. But it's my belief that by continuing to push this as a solution we're missing opportunities to build up an open and vast ecosystem. Think of were we could have been if qt on maemo, BB10, meego, tizen and ubport all had easily ported apps and even shared stores.

I'm very thankful for all that have or will work on porting OS, updating software and keeping the maemo OS alive.

But I think perhaps a vote or at least how donated (community purchase) device will be priorities. By doing this every one can be sure they understand if they want to support something or not. And lastly no one can complain later (oh right of course ppl will still complain )

I'm super excited about how much steam maemo, sailfish, postmark, ubport and the many other OS that are getting the attention they should have years ago.

This is not a criticism of anyone or anything ... more how to avoid and manage expectation.

What do you lovely folks think?

Oh and hot dam maemo on pro1!! I image duo booting is in my future!

x

Last edited by xman; 2020-01-22 at 21:59. Reason: autocorrect

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: