View Single Post
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
We have borth wrote our thesis with Office 97 and so much more that it is in our bones. I use mainly LibreOffice cause I have Linux in all my machines (now FreeDos on one though) but she does not find as easily certain stuff from LibreOffice and likes that even something stays the same in this ever changing world of IT. I thought of installing it to linux with Wine so she could have it still. Just should probably run it in sandbox.

I took atlast in use iMac27 which I have had behind one chair for two years. 16Gb ram with good graphic card is better than in any my other computer. We use it now for watching series in the evenings from the net. Haven't had a tv fro over 20 years, mainly watched with laptop and sometimes with a projector. Got the iMac for free from a friend cause graphic card was not working. Youtube instructed how to open the machine and take it apart and bake in the owen the graphic card and voila - 4K vids play again. Thinking of using it for editing movies better (a hobby making movies better in my opinion, made from a 3h movie to 2h with windows movie maker - which was a bit pain with a slowerf cpu and 4Gb ram). My next big movie challenge is to make a movie out of the originall bbc Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy serie.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: