View Single Post
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Münsterland, Germany
Still running on Android. Somehow the phone does not vibrate when a call is coming in, even when the "vibrate on call" setting is activated. It just makes a short "bzzt" vibration and that's all. When I'm calling someone and the called person picks up, the phone vibrates again, this was unusual for me at first, but I think it's a nice feature.

There has been the fist update for the cover-display which not now introduces landscape mode, but the display is still as stubborn as before. Also the alarm clock does not work and sometimes the display does even not react on touch (for instance to mute the microphone during a call, or to switch to loudspeaker). On the other hand the display is always on when a call is active (no proximity sensor) and I suddenly muted the microphone with my cheek....

The display is nice to see status updates, but is no real solution in order to operate the phone.

Currently I'm placing calls like this: Opening the device, entering my long pin, choosing the phone app and the dial and close the device again. I terminate the call with the outer displays keys.

The device is still very solid and fun to use. I discovered myself mostly thumb-typing which is a little bit hard as the device is huge, because when using it like a desktop I'm regularly hitting the screen with my fingers thus placing the cursor on an other position which results in text garbage.

If you are around at 36c3 in Leipzig we can meet and you can have a look for yourself.

EDIT: I wrote "not introduces". This was a typo. It should have been "now introduces" and some rather minor typo-fixes

Last edited by xelo; 2019-12-21 at 21:48.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xelo For This Useful Post: