View Single Post
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Read the Androidauthority article. With my N900 and Micro-b. First I have to say that I can't trust or honour any article published on a site that takes so long to load (without images), which did not accept choice "use neccessary cookies only" and which is filled with too much heavy stuff. For me that is a mark of bowing the beast and I felt like I was entering to Mordor.

Secondly it is a review from someone who clearly states he doesn't like hwkb phones and of them dislikes more the landscape version. How unambigious the review can be?

Thirdly he likes using iPhone and Android and doesn't seem to see any problem in them and no value of having other possibilities.

Fourthly it seems that specs he value the most are light, thin, latest hw specs and camera use and image quality. Not to say I would not appreciate them but I fell in love with N900 after using years iPhone - not a reviewer I look up.

So what I think about this review? Points that matter to me were: difficult to open, too responsive touchscreen, bad fingerprint reader, some problems using side buttons, some apps not forced to landscape. Good things mentioned: being able to customize hwkb shortcuts, possibility to have two windows open and seamlessly switch between them to write and use.

Important things not mentioned in the article: N900, alternative Os'es, linux phone to be, embracing opensource with open bootloader, fullfilment of dreams.

This device is not what writer has dreamed of. So no need to mind too much of his narrow view or give value to his words. It can be - even with all the flaws - a fullfilment of someone elses dream.

Thanks Chen for making dreams come true.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

Last edited by Maemish; 2019-12-18 at 19:18.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: