View Single Post
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Espoo, Finland
Well, I'd be happy with just getting it to run even if the window isn't hildonized. I guess the N810's hardware keyboard might work without any special setup? That'd totally be all I need. Even without the keyboard, just being able to import recipes and browse and read them would be fine.

Any chance somebody with the development environment installed and know-how on how to do this could give it a try and see if it it'd "just work" and compile? Even without any optimization, I still think it'd be useful. I'd love to try myself but I just wouldn't know where to even start. I've of course compiled stuff (read: type configure, make, make install =) to install program on my linux box plenty of times but the last time I did anything that had to do with actual programming was in the 80's with C64's BASIC...so I sort of doubt that I could pull off even if I tried =). So yes, I don't even know if what I'm asking is practical: is it ever as easy as "just compiling it for maemo" or not? I just don't know.

And yes, let's be clear about something: pizza works just fine for me too =). Unsurprisingly the question of "does gourmet run on this?" came from my wife, heh.