View Single Post
Hi out there!

Being a total newbie with nearly every part of the SFOS development universe (i.e. Silica, QML, qt, Python, C++ - I did some webdev with SQL, HTML, PHP, JavaScript, ect. in the past), I would like to create a SFOS-app to control some hardware devices.

The latter can done by WIFI and web-APIs (mostly sending HTTP-POSTs and caring for JSON responses) for which there are open source libraries available in Python and JavaScript (many of them using Node.js). The app should provide a simple GUI to control the devices (some buttons) and to display device states at last.

After reading a lot and taking my first steps with the SFOS IDE, a few questions remain yet:

1. Which way would you go: Qt Quick including Python libraries or Qt Quick (QML only?) including JavaScript libraries? And why would you do so?

2. How do I integrate avalible Python- or JavaScript libraries into my own projects correctly (especially JS-libs using Node.js) and what has to be taken care of doing so?

3. What do I have to take into account regarding the licenses of the libraries?

4. As SFOS (unfortunately) is a not very widespread plattform, I consider publishing the app for other plattforms (iOS, Android), too (starting with the sailfish version using the SFOS IDE). How can this be achieved in the most effective way?

Thanks in advance and greetings,

BGK

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post: