View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by VaZso View Post
I have asked Chen to send me the original version of these photos and he allowed me to share them so I put them here.

Remember these are not official marketing images just some casual photos.

Anyway, I think they are much better than the version reduced by Twitter, at least I like them much more.
I have no use for the camera other than just souvenir photos, so the quality is plenty enough for me. But just out of curiosity, the sharpness of the roof tiles varies across the picture despite all tiles being roughly on the same plane, with those close to the dandelion seed being sharper. Is that an artifact of the dual-camera system failing to discriminate which plane they are on because of the seed translucency?*

* : [Edit] This would imply however that both cameras are used to take pictures with different focal points, as some niche cameras do, but I don't think this is what smartphone dual cameras are made for (is the second camera used just to ease focusing?). So I guess it is just the limits of the fake bokeh effect when the planes on the images are not easily discriminated.

Overall, I don't think the fake bokeh is realistic, and it tends to be uneven across the picture. I do not mind much anyway because this is not something I will use (won't use Android, and won't use the Pro1 to take "good" pictures), whereas it might be a good selling point for many users.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-10-10 at 08:38.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: