View Single Post
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I would not let (one of them) go for below 250€.
And that matches more or less the only (collector's) one I found on the bay after a very brief search:
https://m.ebay.de/itm/Nokia-N9-White...b-749e1a1551ce
Yes but you forget to take into account the rather important fact that that phone was *not* sold! I could put an ad for one of these rare N9s on eBay right now (if I had one), and ask €20.000 for it, but that doesn't make the device worth 20 grand (although I'd rather not delve into axiology). You can't base your (hypothetical) asking price on what someone's asked for it if they didn't actually manage to sell it at that price point!

Personally, I've been meaning to acquire a few things on eBay, but they keep on being listed at prices I consider way too high. Now, I have email notifications set up for whenever a new ad is posted with one of my wanted items, and what I've noticed over the past two-three years (sometimes you need a little patience...) is that the prices continue to go up. However, no one is buying those things! The only reason the prices are going up is because the eBay sellers are looking at the prices on the ads of their 'competitors' and thinking they could get away with asking 0,5% more, and then the competitors add 0,5% to their price, and so on, but the items are never actually sold at those prices! They're only inflating each other's bubbles.

Anyway, my apologies for further derailing the thread, and good luck to the OP. I, too, think the price is a bit on the steep side, but I have nothing but praise for the highly detailed and honest description of precisely what the potential buyer is going to get. Many sellers could learn a thing or two from you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post: