View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
In the other hand it is probably way easier to port existing harmattan, sailfishapps to kde plasma mobile than going than making gtk UI apps workable on the mobile.

What they do no is try make gtk touch friendly and as already stated it far from ready. For example do they have all those gestures working that you expect from on a toch mobile? I mean it took years before QML had all that.

It is also very funny when I listened to the latest https://offtopical.net/ podcast about phosh/librem.

They clearly has no clue what they talk about. I hate when people it so damn fanboyish without critic. Its like when talk with radical feminists or Trump fanboys. Or GPL fanatics.

I never have heard that much fanboyish ******** as their latest offtopical.

For "People complain about librem going slow forward, it takes time to make an mobile OS" Really! They does not understand that that is exactly the point!

The critic from the community is there cause Librem did not use existing UI frameworks instead they choose to reinvent the wheel. Time they could had used for way more important stuff such as improve GFX driver improve battery life and so on.

They have wrong focus. What purism is good is media attention. Now if Jolla had open source sfos and had a decent marketing department purism would loose the fight in 5 seconds cause the OS is more stable.

Probably the same for plasma mobile if it got more attention and more maintainers.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: