View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I would love this for Sailfish. There is a very old request for this on TJC, but unfortunately it never happened. I think it really is a key productivity feature.

I do not care much about features for Android, but I think there is already such possibility. I suppose it will be good for most potential buyers of the Pro1 since they will use Android for the most part. It might be especially useful when there is no screen estate used by a VKB. It's sad that we cannot have it on Sailfish (maybe with a patch? I guess it would be too much for just a patch).
Well I've been thinking of working on an android app compatibility layer myself for quite some time and my plan was to get this phone as a gateway to that, but I would only really start working on it until after I make a pc which I'm planning to do later this year.

There are a couple of approaches I could go, SPURV or Anbox, neither support pie, but I was thinking of jumping straight to Android Q and get one of those compatibility layers to support it. But it will take a while.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post: