View Single Post
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Originally Posted by British View Post
You're missing the point. .....truncated.....
....truncated.... just because it's definitely not easy (or even completely possible) to hide, doesn't mean we have to surrender and obediently bask in the joy of using every tool they throw at us.....

......truncated.... Yet, to rerail the thread a bit more, my interest in the Pro1 is two-fold: HWKB (because I loved that with the N900), and a real open Linux-based OS (because I guess you've figured my position about Android by now ).

I'm glad SFOS is being worked on for the Pro1, and that Leste may happen as well, but as much as I want to support Chen for attempting this, I won't commit to buying it if it ultimately only works on Android (or some unfinished or not fully usable FOSS/OS).
So well put, so many good points! Thanks for sharing the video channel. Though ironic that he doesn't have an RSS feed or a non google host of his video, just saying .

I see many people in my life who see a fight for privacy and think it's too inconvenient, so they don't even try. Or don't see the long term picture of how it WILL effect them in the future.

So I appreciate your well said and none combative statement on the matter. Cheers mate

x

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post: