View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
[…]
But the 2 weevils have knit themselves into the very backbone of business and commerce...
just in that department ...forget almost all other aspects of life...
and I don't see yet any other option coming close .
[…]
Absolutely, and it is just as frustrating as it is concerning.

[…]
Linux on pc's at home...
[…]
Linux at home and at work too, I am lucky enough that I can so far decide which OS to use at work (not sure I'll be able to finish my career with this freedom).

Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I remember around 50 or 100 pages ago the similar topic regarding Android was discussed before...

As mentioned by gtmaster303, we do need to reach the wider audience to make sure the device sells enough to make our project surviving and continue to make it even more niche. Like a sub 5 inch slider, like removable battery etc. These won't exist if Pro1 wasn't popular enough. Who knows if we can get the road goes further and we are stronger maybe even shipping with alternative OS. But for now, shipping with Android minimise the risks most.

But that doesn't mean no decent or alternative OS... I have engaged with more developers and the first few engineering device will leave factory this week to dev's hands. And these are for our beloved alternatives.

And I want to answer the question of "why hate Android" personally: Because I have used OSes that I believe was / is better than Android. And I believe those should not be forgotten and deserves a place for users appreciate them.
Absolutely no doubt about that (I said it too multiple times, despite my personal tastes about Android), and it definitely sounds like the best long-term project. I'm grateful that you managed to drive the project this far already, and it looks like it's going well.

I wish I was a dev to try out the damn thing!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: