View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
There are still these three icons left:
- mapnik (and maybe mapbox) global (earth?)
- postal global (language parsing part)
- country or region (used in the list while country is not requested or available)

for mapnik of course we can simply use the globe I have made for the other two icons. Anyway there is a mapnik logo, see https://mapnik.org/pages/media.html

postal global (language parsing part) - on that item I don't really know what is meant.

country or region: Maybe a Magnifying glass over the globe. Have to play a little bit with that one. Probably I will make suggestions tomorrow.
Mapnik - maybe some globe outline without mapnik logo. then we can use it for Mapbox globe outline too.

postal global: its databases that are used to parse German, English and other languages when searching for addresses. Its a part of full parsing with the other part being country specific (think Germany and Austria sharing the same language part, but having different neural networks for each of the countries).

Country or Region: would have to contrast with country/region already on device. and at the same time being similar, since its the same data, just not downloaded yet. Tricky...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: