View Single Post
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I only had one tab open anyway. But, what would you know, tapping on the square in the Browser bottom bar did not bring the list of tabs as expected. Oh no. It brought the unlock screen where you need to tap your PIN.

If I understand it correctly, my screen timed out while I was watching the video but the video playback prevented it. But some flag was set somewhere that the screen had timed out and so the unlock screen was shown at the nearest opportunity.
Has always been the case I think, or ever since I started using Sailfish, from ver 2.x. I thought it to be weird at first. But in some way, it felt logical or quite fine. If you do not interact with screen, it locks the device, but since the video is playing and is in focus, screen does not blank. Access is limited to that particular browser tab. You might have left the video playing and left the phone unattended, which would be foolish I agree, in which case anyone could grab the device and access some already open private tabs or other data unless it is protected as it is now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lal For This Useful Post: