View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I've got to say, I don't think the situation has improved at all. It's got to the point where you if you contribute something, someone will find a way to tear it apart. Nothing serious, but I'm just bored of it to be frank. The Maemo Code of Conduct is regularly ignored by many forum members, the council is nowhere to be seen. All that's left is perhaps one active moderator who finds it necessary to assert his authority as he likes.

Dave999 hasn't been seen for few weeks now. It seems to me he was forced to leave TMO. I know he upset people in the past, and perhaps he earned himself a reputation, but some people here have condemned him for eternity. As far as I could tell, he mostly behaved himself as of late, and his last few posts did not warrant that kind of threat. Sure he likes to talk a lot, but I've seen other members who have been way more disruptive.

Other prominent members have also not been seen lately. I can't really blame them for leaving, this place is becoming more and more hostile by the minute. I think I'm done too. I don't think this forum represents free software values any more, and intelligent debates are long gone. Consider this a goodbye. I'll be around due to my interest in truly free mobile operating systems, and will continue to contribute to Maemo Leste, but that community mostly resides on IRC. That said, there may be a need to post here occasionally for something Maemo Leste related, but otherwise I'm done with this forum.

Chao!

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: