View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I don't wanna hijack the above discussion. But I am now looking at the alpha of plasmamobile on librem phone and have huge respect to the devteam of plasma. But also huge respect to the librem team for phosh.

BUT still I wonder why on earth do we reinvent the wheel over and over again also sometimes using old crap unsafe languages like C. I mean cmon? C!? it is 2019 for got sake. There is no damn way I will make apps in Gtk after I have started to use Rust. I am so f... sick of C/C++ and don't want to use it anymore.

QML yes fine for me problem with QML is that we reinvent the QML component UI's over and over again

Nemo mobile is using QtControl 1.0 as base of nemo controls.

plasma used kirigami in top of QtControls 2.0.

In top of that we have sailfishos wish is half open source component UI.

If we started to help each other instead of reinvent stuff over and over again we could make a great new free open source based phone OS.

Also please stop bloat UI and stop try make and shitty android bloatware UI with widgets all over the phone screen I mean cmon!?. make it simple base it on n9/nemo (== SwipeUI)

Or to be more clear: Help the nemo mobile team and mabe we can port it to QtControls 2.0?

Jikes I reealise I am a big hypiocrite since I have not contributed in anyway myself. I blame it on my dayjob that kills code inspiration. If I was less payed and there was FOSS/Qt/Rust job in my country/town I would take that job for sure... But for now I could only contribute with a small fee if someone decided to port nemo to librem and I was sure there was a small company behind it too since I know hobbyist loosing interests or get day job and stop contribute caause of lack of time.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: