View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
All valid points... but I doubt that this function will have any practical use for the average user... I didn't hear any mention of audio capabilities for instance.

I can appreciate KJ's frustration. I think like him, I have come to the realization that Nokia has no motivation in developing the tablet into a PIM replacement and has left that up to the community.
I have also come to the realization that Nokia sees the tablet as a development mule and our community as potential presenters of whatever "concept" use they want to promote at the time. For instance, this and other future capabilities will just be "there", with no supporting applications.

Our community will then produce a flurry of activity in developing these new capabilities into useful applications only to eventually run into the brick wall of hardware limitations. We'll go through yet another period of disappointment and then BAM, Nokia will again present a new capability that they developed, in house and behind closed source code.

In reality, our community is just a means to help change the public perception of Nokia from a cell phone manufacturer to a computer company.

In essence we are promoting a future series of devices beyond "N"....
It sucks that we paid cash up front for this "privilege" though... I'm thinking we should at least be offered a dang stock option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: