View Single Post
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
ooooh boy
guilty too...sure I'll tone it down.
You are using a very broad brush painting folks as trolls is a harsh one though.
hell half a post I write may be on topic and answering a question or solution to a prob, and the other half larking around...
hell everyone has gone off topic somewhere sometime...
no one is lily white and faultless if we are speaking of staying on topic...

The issue of finding relevant information in the forum here has ALWAYS been a challenge to sift through threads and posts of conversation,
that has been this place from day one.
Don't take my word for it, do searches pertaining to any topic here as far back as the beginning of this place, you will find topical posts, quasi topical posts and barely-hanging-by-a-thread posts, and straying off topic posts...
Dating back all the way to 2005...
Long before I or most of the current members have been here.

I don't think what is wished for here is moderation from a moderator though,
I think what is desired here is absolute control over what people write, how they write it, the exact percentage of content and whether or not it meets a specific standard of specific approval....by specific people.

Here ...over time ..
I have seen the Grammar Police,
the Syntax Police,
the Post-to-long-didn't-read Police,
and now Content Police.

So ...if a post is not even close to the topic sure...you are right.

But
If a post is humour based on topic ...what then?
if a post has exact information in it that is pertinent and important...and as well has superfluous, reminiscences, or humourous content in it...what then?
Where is the "cut-off"?
Since all are guilty here
What is the desired exact content percentage in a post?
Please specify the Draconian rules one wishes to insist on.
You do not nesserley have to tune down. It could be that you are on a superior level and others have to tune up to level.

It’s indeed very user specific what is meant.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: