View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Well spot.

Yes functionally I want to make that key being "go home" by default. But did not put Android circle as the device is supposed to load other OSes as well and I feel the "circle" will spoil the feel of integrity under other OSes.

So I want to reveal this one when it's formally launched, and hopefully it can be re-mapped for different functions other than just go home.
Great attention to detail, thanks. However silly it is, I can tell how irritating it is to have a Windows key on a computer not running Windows. Blank is just perfect. If it's the only blank, there's no confusion.

Since you mentioned other OSes Chen, do you know already if it will be possible to dual-boot like on the Gemini? Android alongside a community port of Sailfish (hopefully) or Leste would be a nice solution to cope with the lack of Alien Dalvik. It would be a bit more cumbersome for users who use Alien Dalvik frequently, but then having something more recent than 4.4 would outweigh the cost and allow a much wider range of applications.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Yes, to achieve ´ and ¨ you can use ' and " indeed. for example:
' = á
" = ä
` = à
^ = â
~ = ã
You're absolutely right. I was so focused on the fact that I couldn't see the ' that I got myself confused and just forgot how it is on a Qwerty keyboard (I don't have default keycaps anymore so I didn't even check on mine). But since the extra comma should be a ', no problem.

Originally Posted by Ariadeno View Post
I don’t know if it’s too late but I think an orthogonal layout (like the N900 keyboard) is more suitable for thumb typing. Staggered keys just don’t feel natural when you want to flick your thumb from one key to another.

But then again. There is no other modern phone that sports a hardware keyboard.
It was discussed several times during the earlier steps of the project, but feedback on the Moto Mod led Chen to go for the staggered layout. I was all for the orthogonal layout as well since I think it's better for position awareness without looking, but on the other hand, if people were massively asking for staggered layout on the Moto Mod, then it might very well be the best option to secure sales here, which is by far the most important to make the ReadyFx a success; and perhaps the beginning of a longer story.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2018-12-26 at 00:22.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: