View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Let me put it this way. Jolla 1 has a 4.5" screen and (by today's standards) large bezels. It is about 5.75" edge to edge and it is just about the top of what I would call "comfortably usable". Please note the word "comfortably". I know I could use a bigger one, maybe even fit it in a pocket. But it would not, by any stretch of imagination, be "comfortable".

Xperia X has a 5" screen but smaller bezels that Jolla 1, making the entire device "only" 6" edge to edge. And that is above the comfortable zone, which is why I do not use it, even though I have one and it is superior to Jolla 1 in every other aspect. The lack of comfortable use is the deciding factor.
OK so I will add my spoon to the soup to create the perfect blend... You know, the more cooks...

In my opinion the pocketability of a device is more dependent on the width of the device, not the length. (dimensions in portrait position, that is)

Jolla sbj1 is 131 by 68
XperiaX is 143 by 69
DeviceFx could be 137 by 69, assuming 1mm bezels around (could be more of course, especially lengthwise)

In my opinion all of those are pocketable.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: