View Single Post
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Talefish 0.0-13 has been my daily companion ever since the upgrade and it's working like a charm. Importing files is instantaneous now. And there are no more hangs while importing a large number of them. So, my feedback: No problems whatsoever, it's pure bliss. Kudos, velox!!!
Awesome, I am glad the mediainfo workaround seems to work well for everyone! Thanks for the feedback!

It's a nice hack. Though I may research a more portable, integrated way to do a comparable thing in the future if time allows (in 2 years?)… "soft depending" (with fallback) on a third party program from openrepos doesn't feel right in the long run.

Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
Why was I checking out podQast, then? Well, it was because of one particular podcast which delivers mp3 files with random filenames (just weird letters and numbers). There was no chance for Talefish to play that in the right order (basically because there was none unless you had access to the rss feed). Also, I rather like the automagical download of podcasts. Nevertheless, with audiobooks Talefish will not be conquered any time soon.
No worries – I am a big fan of using the right tool for the job and really like where podQast is going – while I am not a regular podcast listener, I did find myself defaulting to podQast as recently as this weekend when my dearest wanted to listen to "something with people talking". It really is not much of a competition there – and even if it were, I'd be glad to inspire someone writing a useful program to enrich the ecosystem.

cheers!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: