View Single Post
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
THAT is as couched and tongue in cheek as it can get...
Sometimes the pure truth could be hard for somebody. It is sometimes like jumping into cold water. Don't want to put a ice bucket over homejogger.
But your sentence is nice, still learning english from you.
---

Since 2006 mobile linux smartphones is my hobby and I saw everytime people porting doom or quake. But I think it is more a challenge to get it running. A proof of concept.

I don't like playing it on such devices when I could play it on a real machine.
Sometimes also a port is not complete in the regards of usage.
What I really played on different linux mobiles were games for scummvm during travel or when staying at a hotel. For a short travel maybe sudoku.
Long phrase short meaning. When you start porting such games you need to see it as a challenge you will spend more time in porting than in playing it later.
I guess nobody who ported such games will read this or does not have the time for helping.

To start such a challenge means a lot of reading and learning and asking the right people for specific problems. So start with smaller steps like hello world writing and compiling to get a feeling for system and device. When you are a giant in programming you could also make bigger steps.

This would be the road map for the challenge:
  • understand system and device
  • understand the source code
  • make your changes
  • compile it
  • be happy

There could be an easier way if the pandora binaries are compatible. But I guess they are not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: