View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Still wish I could have a N950 with updated specs. Most beautiful designed phone ever.
I'm not sure about that.
I mean, yes, it looks nice, but although I've never seen one in real life I always believed, that the tilting display would be rather impractical. When I hold my N900 it's actually a good thing, that there's no angle between display and keyboard.

Also, the keyboard looks like a chance not taken. My main complaint about the N900's keyboard has always been, how cramped it is. I would have really liked it to have one or two more rows, to make the keys a bit bigger (or to add space between them) and to have dedicated numbers keys.
The N950 adds a fourth row and space between the keys, but because it only has 11 keys per row (N900: 13), there is still not enough room for dedicated numbers keys.

Apart from the keyboard I still believe, the N900 is the pinnacle of smartphone hardware. It's just gotten old.
Fix the keyboard, put in half-decent modern hardware that runs on mainline Linux and I'll immediately buy it for 1k Euros!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: