View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by endsormeans View Post
exactly.
locked up anything..really only matters to people like us..who wish escape from a lack of choice..
unlocked bootloaders ...unlocked anything...mean nothing to those who neither care to leave the birdcage or don't understand they are in a birdcage to begin with.
Definitely playing Devil's advocate here...

The choices in the open playing field aren't really fully thought out nor continued with support often enough. A lot of my favorites have disappeared and/or puttered out before they made a proper impact or improved to the point where I could recommend those things to lesser savvy friends. Where are the real open and widely supported options for all? They are very few and far between... that needs to be fixed before the ranting and raving continues in places like this. Why is the state of affairs as fragmented, unsupported and honestly... unreliable as it is right now? FaceTime replacements like Matrix? I'm still waiting on it to get to where I can say "Hey Mom, use this instead of Apple FaceTime. Here's how..." and the others like Ring are "getting there" but aren't exactly there yet.

Folks want freedom, but what has been shown for the last decade or so has been convenience trumps freedom and/or security. And to me, that's scary. Real damn scary.

But where does this land you with Windows? I'm almost willing to bet that folks that are here definitely only use Windows at their office jobs or for certain software that's probably yet to be replaced in your original choice of OS.

The freedom of choice oftentimes equates to talk and not a lot of continued action and support.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: