Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
An even stranger thing happened about an hour later, when WhoGo was safely closed - or so I thought. I unlocked the phone for some other, unrelated reason, and it started speaking navigation instructions. I started WhoGo but it shut down instantly. I eventually had to restart Lipstick from Sailfish Utilities.
This has recently become the norm. Every time I use WhoGo for navigation, no matter how short, it always ends up like this. There was not a single time when it did not. I tried ending the navigation and clearing the route and all map markers before I close the application, but that seems to make zero difference. The GPS icon in the status bar is flashing and the battery drains about 4x faster than you would expect. Usually, unless I trigger this issue and the phone stays silent, I also get voice prompts even though no application is open.

I also found that restarting Lipstick is not enough. Only a complete reboot is. A reboot or power cycle every time after navigation has now become part of the experience. (This is on J1, but I have noticed at least one other user reporting a similar experience on the X.)

Is there anything I can do to try to help with debugging? Any special mode to trigger, logs to collect, that kind of thing?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: