View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ CZ & US ex-(UK/France/Switzerland/Canada)
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
(...) So my position is to wait till at least single working sample and only then back it. As it stands - there's still none.
Similar here. I never really wanted a tablet as device (I am still not really sure what would be its use in my daylife), however, I backed Jolla back in time because of the excitement about their sail. I was hesitating whether I should back Youyota but then decided to wait if it really happens. I can imagine there are more of us, who would be happy to throw a few $$$ into the pot, but, after the previous experience with "Tablet-gate", there is a bit of bad smell in the air. And the presentation of Youyota wasn't really trustworthy.

Thinking about this a bit more, I guess Chen / Livermorium has an advantage here: the current qwerty-modo-mod can put some trusty points on his side. Also, the initial bet for the mod wasn't that high, so, it was easier to convince myself to "gamble" with his project. Also for me personally, quite some time ago I did buy tohkbd2 from Chen (which I have almost forgotten about :-D ), so, the chance there is a "real human being" behind his nickname is much higher. No personal offense meant here, but with the internet entities one can never tell for sure (hello, Dave999 (: ).

Anyways, I wish good luck to both Youyota and Livermorium. It would be nice to hear more current statuses, even if they are not positive. Understand that the time should be spent mainly on the projects themselves and not the PR, but, if they enter a "panic-mode", maybe they should reconsider [ If the situation is that it basically seems like there won't be any result at the end, is still anyone buying claims like "we work hard on tablet, don't have time to report" ?]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolda For This Useful Post: